From SCDigest's OnTarget e-Magazine
- Oct. 17, 2012 -
RFID and Auto ID News: Supply Chain Tech Note - Vocollect's New Voice Headset Applies Smart Engineering Effort to Important but Often Overlooked System Component
Our View: SRX2 Unit Sets New Standard for Voice Market
SCDigest Editorial Staff
Just recently, SCDigest was briefed on a new voice headset from Vocollect, the SRX2 unit.
In addition, Vocollect sent a unit to editor Dan Gilmore for a "hands on" review.
Our new Supply Chain Tech Note offers a detailed look at the SRX2, and in summary, we were impressed. Vocollect has put some really smart design and engineering effort into a product category that in retrospect seems to have been overdue for such an effort, taking an almost commoditized product area and really setting a new standard for the voice market.
That it has taken this long for a refresh of voice headsets is in a sense unusual, given that headsets are in fact the way distribution center workers really interface with a voice system.
Among the benefits of the new SRX2 headset:
• More comfortable feel when worn
• Improved voice recognition
• Significant reduction in erroneous voice "insertions," in which the voice recognition system thinks an extraneous DC noise (e.g., horn beeping, pallet dropping) is actually a voice response
• Improve audio "fidelity" in the earphone
• Separation of the headband and microphone unit to reduce investment in units and spares.
You will find our full review and comment in the Tech Note: Supply Chain Digest Tech Note: New Voice Headset from Vocollect Sets New Standard for the Market
Any comments on the SRX2 or our review? Let us know your thoughts at the Feedback section below.