We have some big changes completed and underway at Supply Chain Digest. We think you will find them useful.
First, we’ve dramatically refreshed our web site, and think you will find it the most useful in the supply chain and logistics industry. Take a look: www.scdigest.com (note, we’ve changed web hosters, and though the switch was done Monday, it is still possible some visitors, especially our growing contingent of international readers, may still be taken to the old site for another day or two).
We think the look and accessibility to information are top notch. But there is a lot more:
- New feature that gets your supply chain and logistics questions answered. We receive lots of questions already at SCDigest, and do our best to respond. Now, we’ve formalized the process, with an outstanding line-up of experts prepared to respond to your questions, including Jim Tompkins, auto ID and RFID expert Craig Harmon, Gene Tyndall and several more. Even better, we offer the opportunity for our 36,000+ reader community to share their perspective as well.
This week, we already tackle reader questions on: When do sortation systems in distribution make sense? What is the right way to measure management effectiveness in lean initiatives? And, how can the odds of successful WMS integration with ERP and legacy systems be improved? You’ll find these questions, and the response from one or more of our experts. Ask us your questions, or share your insight to help others.
- New and improved line-up of Expert columnists. Last fall, at Georgia Tech’s Supply Chain Executive forum, Ann Drake, CEO of DSC Logistics, asked me why we didn’t have more female contributors. Other than that there aren’t enough women in the business, I didn’t have a good answer. Ann now joins as a Contributor with her Supply Chain InView postings. She joins Gene Tyndall and his Executive View, Dr. John Gattorna and Living Supply Chains, Mike Loughrin and his Lean Thinking, and Stephen Craig and Erik Markeset thinking about Transportunities . It’s a great line up, but if you’ve got what it takes we’re looking for a few more.
- Fantastic search tool: in addition to free text search, we now offer a great search by topic feature. We’ve classified each of thousands of SCDigest articles, Videocasts, Audio briefs, case studies and more under one or more key terms (e.g. Inventory Management, Sales & Operations Planning, etc.). You’ll find it is a great tool to quickly find information on a topic, and you will see a lot more here soon.
- A great new home page that organizes information very conveniently. We’ve received very positive feedback from our News Bites feature that quickly summarizes supply chain and logistics news and puts it in context. The News Bites are there, plus featured stories, expert insight, easily links to case studies, upcoming videocasts, white papers and reports, and much more. Bookmark www.scdigest.com, or even better, make it your home page.
- Print function: To be honest, our print function was never quite right, for no good reason, but it works great now.
- We are classifying some content now as “premium,” which simply means you need to log-on to get to it. If you are an SCDigest subscriber, all you have to do is enter your email. Yes, it’s a pain, but this is simply the way the type of business has to be managed. We’ve tried to make it as easily as possible.
There is a lot more, but those are the highlights. In the coming weeks and months, you’ll see a variety of new features, but we think you’ll be very pleased with these changes.
Like any new technology, we may have a few lingering bugs, so have some patience, or point out where something isn’t quite right. Take advantage of our search and questions capabilities when you need them. Again, much more coming soon.
Please take a look at the new site and give us your comments. How can we be an even better resource for you?